Residential Outdoor School Schedule
Day 1: Team Building - getting to know how to work together
Days 2 and 3: 1/2 day Educational Activity Blocks
Day 4: East Texas Pioneering: going back in time to the days of muscle power and problem solving without technology
Evenings: owl hike, hill top star gazing, cookout and fishing
Here are some of the student's "ah-ha" moments:
* Nature is more than a place for recess, it is a place of wonder.
* I can observe and understand cycles, decomposition, erosion, deposition, and the list goes on.
* The earth is a fascinating place and I enjoy learning more about it, by studying it and referring to non-fiction books for information.
* I can draw connections between what I learned in the classroom and the world around me.
* I can work with my class and together we can solve problems.
And these are just a few....